Qualifying clients can benefit by using this program to achieve a dismissal of their felony charges.
1. No prior felony convictions.
2. Is charged with the following offenses: Theft, Retail Theft, Forgery, Possession of a stolen motor vehicle, Burglary, Possession of burglary tools, Deceptive practices, Disorderly Conduct, Criminal trespass to a residence, Obstructing justice, an offense involving fraudulent identification, Possession of Cannabis, Possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine.
3. The Defendant must consent to the program.
4. The State must consent to the program.
The conditions of the program are:
1. No violation of laws.
2. No weapon possession.
3. Full restitution (if any).
4. Obtain employment or perform community work service (min. 30 hours).
5. Obtain GED or equivalent.
1. Medical or psychological treatment.
2. No drugs.
A person may only receive this program one time every four years.
I recommend every defense attorney know this law well. It can greatly benefit your clients when they are eligible for the program.